My Best Travel Tips that I want to share with you

05:30


These are my best travel tips after traveling around the world for so many years. I’ve learned a few things along the way. Traveling around the world has always been a passion of mine.

My Best Travel Tips that I want to share with you



Be flexible
We always plan for delays and try not to get upset when things inevitably go wrong. Patience is extremely important when traveling!

Make a list
About a week or so before each trip, I make a mental list of items I don’t want to forget — which I WILL forget if I don’t write them down. I’ve learned that when I think of something, I need to write it down.
–>> Packing lists are essential!

Don’t Be Afraid To Be Alone

So many people hold themselves back because of this feeling. If traveling the world means getting away, finding adventure from living a monotonous life at a 9 to 5 job, or if you are trying to find your way in life, the last thing you need to worry about is being alone. There are millions of travelers around the world that are on the same mission as you.

Always buy Travel Insurance

A medical emergency can wipe out your savings — or even worse. We use and trust World Nomads for travel insurance.

Keep An Open Mind

There is a great world out there and just because things are done differently somewhere else doesn’t mean that they are better or worse. When I lived in Sicily the endless inefficiencies were known as the “charm” of the island.  You may have to ride in a rickshaw instead of a large American Chevy Sedan.
                                
Rooms may be smaller, crickets may be fried, customs and mannerisms may be different. Always keep an open mind. Just because something is different doesn’t mean that it is better or worse.


Make photocopies of Important Documents

In my early twenties, I was very good about keeping a copy of my passport in a separate bag from my actual passport. Then I got lazy. Recently, a friend of mine lost her passport at the airport. She was told that if she had brought a copy of it and extra passport photos they would have let her travel. Since she didn’t, she was forced to forfeit a $2,000 flight and a week in Europe. I now carry a copy with me.

Smile Often

Have you ever noticed that there are some people that everyone loves and other people that every one hates? Your demeanor has everything to do with how people treat you. Keeping a smile on your face and an open mind allows you to have an open demeanor. Having an open demeanor allows you to be open to many things including having a great time. I can’t remember how many times I have been in a situation where I was in such a bad mood. I would organize myself, put a smile on my face, and I ended up having a great time after that. Make sure to smile often and be ready for anything. People will be more receptive to you if you smile!


Get Rid of Your Inhibitions & Just Do It

Traveling the world isn’t the easiest thing in the world. A lot of times there are logistical problems, financial terms to deal with, and the aspect of uncertainty that many people can’t deal with. Doesn’t matter what it is, how you feel, how afraid you are, or how shy you might be. The best travel tip I can provide if you want to learn to travel the world is let go of all your inhibitions and go for it.

Pack Extra Underwear

Undies are small and it’s always a good idea to have a few extra pairs in case of emergencies. Another option is to pack these quick-dry underwear so you can easily wash them on the road.

Stay Hydrated on plans

I know it’s fun to get drunk at 30,000 feet, but it’s also much easier to get dehydrated. Staying hydrated — especially on long-haul flights — makes it easier to get over jet lag too.


Beware of free public WIFI

I always try to avoid logging into bank accounts or entering any passwords while I’m using free public WIFI at a place like an airport. I’m not as strict about it once I’ve gotten to my hotel, especially if they have a password for their wifi.


Travel first aid kit  

We pack up a small first aid kit with aspirin, Benedryl, cold meds, Tums, cough drops, bandages, Activated Charcoal pills (these are a life saver for traveler’s diarrhea and minor allergic reactions), Neosporin, and other things that we may not always have easy access to when traveling. J&J sells an inexpensive mini first aid kit.

You Might Also Like

0 comments